You are hereby invited to participate in the Warriors To The Workforce Hiring Event presented by SourceAmerica™ in association with Still Serving Veterans to be held in conjunction with the 2014 Space and Missile Defense (SMD) Symposium on August 12-13, 2014. This one of a kind event is part of the American Freedom Foundation’s nationwide initiative to help veterans find jobs. The event will bring together major companies from throughout the country to profile their services and provide employment opportunities for our veterans over the two- day period. Attending veterans will have the chance to talk with employers, submit qualifications, and even participate in job interviews on the spot.
Facts 2014 SMD Symposium
- The 2014 theme is “Space and Missile Defense: Foundational to US Strategy Today and in the Future.” Key features of this year’s symposium include the following: Technology Track highlighting emerging technologies – 2014 topic is Modeling & Simulation
- STEM Education Forum – free to the general public (Tuesday afternoon; Outreach program Thursday)
- GEO spatial intelligence program (Wednesday)
- AFF’s Warriors To The Workforce Hiring Event (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Presentations from Senior Level National and International Leaders
- Congressional and Technology Panels
- Wednesday evening dinner: confirmed guest U.S. Representative Mike Rogers from Michigan’s 8th congressional district
- Exhibit Hall featuring Technology and Product Demonstrations
Info for Veterans
Registration link for Veterans, Transitioning Military Service Members, Spouses, Volunteers and Individuals Working at Exhibitor Booths: http://www.map-dynamics.com/clients/smdconf/register2.php
- Veteran’s admission is free;
- All veterans, military transitioning service members; spouses must have an SMD Symposium Badge to enter Warriors To The Workforce Hiring Event and Exhibit Hall.
- Please go to http://www.map-dynamics.com/clients/smdconf/register2.php to register to receive your badge.
- Arrival Information for Veterans: Upon your arrival, please check in at the SMD Symposium check-‐in area and get your badge and then proceed to Ballroom #5 for the Warriors To The Workforce Hiring Event.
- Be prepared to meet employers;
- Dress for success;
- Bring enough resumes (Both private and government);
- Peruse websites for housing, parking, directions, etc.;
- Peruse websites of participating companies to get an idea of job availability and descriptions.
Hiring Event Daily Agenda
0845 Exhibitor set-‐up and registration
0945 Opening remarks & welcomes (Ballroom #5)
1300 Break for lunch (exhibit booths remain open)
1700 Exhibitor break down/end
Info for Exhibitors
- Companies and/or organizations ONLY should register at http://bit.ly/1ut9tht and pay associated fees.
- Individuals working the exhibitor booths SHOULD NOT register on this site.
- All individuals working the exhibitor booths must have an SMD Symposium Badge to enter Warriors To The Workforce Hiring Event and Exhibit Hall.
- Please go to http://www.map-dynamics.com/clients/smdconf/register2.php to register to receive your individual badge.
- Arrival Information for Exhibitors: When you arrive on the first day of the event, please check in at the SMD Symposium check-in area and get your badge and then proceed to Ballroom #5 and check in with the American Freedom Foundation to find out where to set up your area.
- Exhibitor pricing listed herein are per day prices and include two people to work the booth each day;
- Due to space restrictions, we will only accommodate enough companies over the two-day period to fill 20 exhibit spaces each day;
- A company can reserve space for 1 – 2 days of the event;
- Each participating company must have job descriptions available.
- Each exhibitor will receive 18ft. table and 2 chairs. Please plan to bring your own tablecloth.
Exhibitor Pricing and Benefits
One Day Exhibitor $325
- Eight (8’) foot table, two chairs and registration for two representatives
- Power and internet service
- Logo and link to corporate website on http://www.warriorstotheworkforce.net
2 Day Exhibitors save 15% or $552.50
- Warriors To The Workforce: http://www.warriorstotheworkforce.net
- 2014 SMD Symposium: http://smdsymposium.org/
- Hotel Information: http://bit.ly/1pvexjt
- Convention Center Map: http://bit.ly/1xxvVJ0 (We are located in Ballroom #5 near South Hall)
- Directions and Parking Information: http://www.vonbrauncenter.com/directionsParking.html (Includes parking map. Parking will cost $5 per day)
Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
Sponsorship Levels Amount: Sponsorship Level I $5,000
- All of the benefits for Level I Exhibitor, plus recognition in all signage as Warriors To The Workforce Event Sponsor
Sponsorship Level II $10,000
- All of the benefits for Sponsorship Level I, plus
- Inclusion in all media relating to promotion of event and all event printed materials and signage as Presenting Sponsor
Sponsorship Level III $15,000
- All of the benefits for Sponsorship Level I, plus
- Inclusion in all media relating to promotion of event and all event printed materials and signage as Title Sponsor
This event would not be possible without the support and efforts of the following organizations:
About American Freedom Foundation
In return for their service and sacrifices made for our country, the American Freedom Foundation believes veterans, military service members, and their families are deserving of support that empowers and enables them to lead confident and productive lives. AFF serves and supports them by building awareness and understanding of their service, sacrifice and needs through partnerships with military focused organizations and always will be relentlessly driven to bettering the lives of these heroes and their families. Throughout its short history, the American Freedom Foundation has made grants of approximately $1.2 million to more than 30 military organizations and awarded scholarships to military spouses and their dependents through the AFF/Kaplan University scholarship program valued in excess of $5 million. Through the AFF national veteran’s employment initiative program, Warriors To The Workforce, 1000’s of Veterans have been connected to 100’s of participating companies for civilian employment opportunities. http://www.americanfreedomfoundation.org
About Space and Missile Defense Symposium
The SMD Symposium is the leading educational, professional development and networking event in the space and missile defense community. The symposium is widely attended by leaders and professionals from the United States and our allies around the world. It is the ideal forum for conducting business face‐to‐face. Participants can also earn continuing education credits. The 2014 theme is “Space and Missile Defense: Foundational to US Strategy Today and in the Future.” http://smdsymposium.org
SourceAmerica™ is a national nonprofit that creates job opportunities for a skilled and dedicated workforce: people with significant disabilities. We are the vital link between this exceptional workforce, the network of community-‐based nonprofits, and the Federal government and commercial companies that need the products and services they provide. SourceAmerica is an AbilityOne® authorized enterprise. www.sourceamerica.org
About Still Serving Veterans
Still Serving Veterans (SSV) is an Alabama‐based Veterans’ service organization that empowers Veterans, wounded warriors and their families to optimally transition into meaningful new careers and post-military lives with all the benefits and services that they have earned. Founded in 2006, SSV has served more than 10,000 Veterans and their families nationally. Since 2007, SSV has secured over $78 million in additional benefits, services, and salaries for their one‐on‐one case managed Veteran clients. SSV is recognized nationally as well as a center of excellence for Veterans reintegration and optimization of Veteran services. http://www.stillservingveterans.org
Tagged: American Freedom Foundation, Booth, company, conference, fair, hire, Huntsville, job, resume, still serving veterans, United States, vet, veteran, veterans, Warriors To The Workforce, Warriors To The Workforce Hiring Event